Cardiovascular Awards and Accreditations
For more than 20 years, Gwinnett Medical Center has provided award-winning cardiovascular care. This dedication to superior cardiac services for our community, like open heart surgery and our percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) program, is at the core of everything we do at the Strickland Heart Center.
Here are just a few of the awards and accreditations Gwinnett Medical Center has achieved for our efforts in cardiovascular care:
- In the late '90s, our Cardiology Department became an accredited vascular laboratory in the area of arterial and peripheral venous testing.
- In January of 2005, we became the second hospital in Georgia to receive accreditation as a Chest Pain Center from the Society for Chest Pain Centers.
- Recognized by Blue Cross/Blue Shield in March of 2005 as a best-practicing hospital in the care of heart failure patients.
- Our Cardiac Wellness Program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
- We received the American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR® ACTION Registry®–GWTGTM Gold Performance Achievement Award. This award recognizes our commitment to and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients, and signifies that we have reached an aggressive goal of treating these patients to standard levels of care as outlined by the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association clinical guidelines and recommendations.
- Gwinnett Medical Center consistently followed the treatment guidelines in ACTION Registry–GWTG for eight consecutive quarters and met a performance standard of 85% for specific performance measures to receive this 2011 award.
- ACTION Registry–GWTG is a partnership between the American College of Cardiology Foundation and the American Heart Association, with partnering support from the American College of Emergency Physicians, Society of Chest Pain Centers and the Society of Hospital Medicine. For more information about ACTION Registry–GWTG, visit www.ncdr.com/action.
- Gwinnett Medical Center is recognized for having a 85% composite adherence and at least 24 consecutive months of 75% or higher compliance on all Mission: Lifeline STEMI Receiving Center quality measures to improve the quality of care for STEMI patients.
- In addition to receiving the Mission: Lifeline Gold Receiving award, Gwinnett Medical Center has also been recognized as a recipient of Mission: Lifeline’s Gold-Plus award, which recognizes the hospital has not only reached an achievement score of 75 percent or greater on all Mission: Lifeline Receiving Center Quality Measures, but also for achieving at least a 75 percent achievement on First Door to Device time under 120 minutes for STEMI transfer patients from other facilities.
Find a cardiologist now, or call 678-312-5000 for a physician referral.